The nominees for the 2019 Suzi Bass Awards have been announced and the UGA Department of Theatre & Film Studies was well-represented.
- Scenic design professor Julie Ray was nominated for "Outstanding Scenic Design - Musical" for her work on Aurora Theatre's Men with Money. Men with Money was further nominated for "Outstanding World Premiere - Musical" and "Outstanding Production - Musical," an amazing accomplishment for Aurora Theatre, whose co-artistic director Anthony Rodriguez is a UGA Theatre alum.
- Faculty member Maranda Debusk was nominated for "Outstanding Lighting Design" for Hands of Color at Synchronicity Theatre
- MFA Acting alumnus Marlon Burnley was nominated for "Outstanding Supporting Actor" for his work in Theatrical Outfit's The Royale. The Associate Artistic Director of Theatrical Outfit, Clifton Guterman, is yet another UGA alum. Clifton was also nominated alongside the cast of The Pitmen's Painters for "Outstanding Acting Ensemble - Play."
- Shelli Delgado (B.A.Theatre 2013) was nominated for "Outstanding Supporting Actress" for her work in ATL Shakespeare Company's production of Hamlet.
- Jennifer Schottstaedt (MFA 2012) was nominated for "Outstanding Costume Design - Play" for her work on Code Noir at Theatre du Reve.